Christmas time evokes the question – “who is this child”
The recurring question that Mark is driving at in the first half of the Gospel is “Who is this man?”
Immanuel is the ultimate expression of Lordship!
Our text shows us 3 actions of Jesus that demonstrate his active lordship.
I JESUS LEADS INTO STORMS: (vv.35-37 )
1. Jesus is the Master we are the disciple:
2. Jesus is with us in whatever storm:
3. Jesus as the ‘Liberals’ assume, does not exist in the Bible:
II JESUS TESTS US FOR OUR GOOD: (vv.38, 40)
1. Faith Concerning Jesus’ Love:
2. Faith Concerning our Trust in His Word: – Ferguson points out that “they allowed the voice of the storm to silence the voice of the LORD”
III JESUS SHOWS HIS GLORY THROUGH TRIALS: (v.39, 41)
1. His power comes from His person: (they took him as he was… v.36)
2. His Glory elicits This question: (who is this man?)
3. The answer is the Gospel in a person (God/man together …Immanuel)
Jesus asleep on the boat is much like Him asleep in the manger, all is serene – yet we are in a death squall which only He can deliver us from – but its His presence that is needed!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]please wait...Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
See more: 12 sermons by Andrew Adcock in 6 series