Go, Labor On
- Go, labor on: spend, and be spent,
Your joy to do the Father’s will;
It is the way the Master went;
Should not the servant tread it still?
- Go, labor on: ’tis not for naught;
Your earthly loss is heav’nly gain;
Men heed you, love you, praise you not;
The Master praises—-what are men?
- Go, labor on: enough while here
If he shall praise you, if he deign
Your willing heart to mark and cheer:
No toil for him shall be in vain.
- The world’s dark night is hast’ning on.
Speed, speed your work, cast sloth away;
It is not thus that souls are won.
- Toil on, faint not, keep watch and pray;
Be wise the erring soul to win;
Go forth into the world’s highway,
Compel the wand’rer to come in.
- Toil on, and in your toil rejoice;
For toil comes rest, for exile home;
Soon shshall you hear the Bridegroom’s voice,
The midnight peal, “Behold, I come.”
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Go, Labor On,